Monday, February 13, 2006

Remember that the BBC Diversity Centre responded to me on Friday 10 February, saying that diversity should form a substantial element of editorial judgement and that all editors share an obligation to give adequate and meaningful consideration to diversity matters.

I replied yesterday as follows:

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:27:22

Dear Mr Husbands,

Thank you for liaising with me over concerns about CBBC Newsround and for examining the issues very carefully. I've always thought that Diversity is important, and I'm pleased to see that the BBC agrees. We will just have to wait and see whether the Newsround team will take this on board in their editorial decisions.

Thanks also to Andrea Callender.

I'm sending a copy of this reply to Richard Deverell, as the new Controller of CBBC.

Best wishes



I saw on the BBC 'one life' message board over the weekend that some other people are unhappy with the way things are going at the BBC. I'll write more about this shortly.

No comments: