Sunday, April 23, 2006

I admit it again - I was wrong. There is one message thread about a gay issue on a Newsround message board. But I think that's about it. In December civil partnerships were an important news item. Eventually the board moderators realised they couldn't reasonably prevent posts on the topic, so they decided they would allow one thread through and no more.

At least that's my theory. Anyone under 16 years old can test my theory now by posting feedback on a different thread. Here's an idea. Go to the Newsround feedback forum and attempt to start a thread called "Why no gay issues on Newsround?"

Here's another idea. Why not join in this discussion about racism in football with a reply also mentioning homophobia in the sport.

When you're successful report back, and everyone will know that CBBC is not quite as bad as I thought.

Football Association video on reporting homophobia.

1 comment:

dave said...

Yes I have seen it. The story dates back from before Ian Prince took over as the programme's editor, and there has been little or nothing else in recent years. Thanks for the feedback.